Historians believe that French Roulette is the original version of the game. “Roulette” means “little wheel” in French French Roulette Is a popular version of Roulette with a few things that make it different than both American Roulette and European Roulette. I wouldn’t recommend French to Roulette to a person who is unfamiliar with the game of Roulette and would suggest that people become familiar with the game of Roulette be playing American or European first.
What Is French Roulette?
The most obvious difference between French and European Roulette versus American is the obvious single Zero slot versus the single and double zero slots in American. This is a huge advantage for the player and why this is the more desirable version of Roulette for both Online and real Casino Roulette players.
French offers players “Call Bets” or “announced bets”. The difference between a “Call Bet” and an “Announced Bet” is that a “Call Bet” is a bet called by the player without him placing any money on the table to cover the cost of the bet. “Announced Bet” is a bet called by the player for which he immediately places enough money to cover the amount of the bet on the table, prior to the outcome of the spin.
Voisins du zéro (neighbors of zero)
This is a name for the seventeen numbers which lie between 22 and 25 on the wheel including 22 and 25 themselves. The series is 22,18,29,7,28,12,35,3,26,0,32,15,19,4,21,2,25 (on a single zero wheel).
9 chips or multiples thereof are bet. 2 chips are placed on the 0,2,3 trio; 1 on the 4/7 split; 1 on 12/15; 1 on 18/21; 1 on 19/22; 2 on 25/26/28/29 corner; and 1 on 32/35.
Jeu zéro (zero game)
Zero game is the name for the numbers closest to zero. All numbers in the zero game are included in the big series, but are placed differently. The numbers are as follows: 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32, 15.
The bet consists of 4 chips or multiples thereof. 1 chip on 0/3 split, 1 on 12-15 split, 1 on 26 straight up and 1 on 32-35 split.
Another difference with French roulette is La Partage rule. With the “La Partage rule”, if the ball lands in Zero after the player places any even money bets ie; red, black, odd, even etc.then the player gets half the of their original bet back. Also known as “En Prison” in European Roulette. In some versions the players may also choose to imprison their bet, rather than lose half. So if on the next spin an imprisoned bet wins then it is “released” back to the player without the player receiving their winnings from the spin.
How To Play French Roulette
You play French Roulette just like you would all other versions of Roulette. You the player are trying to determine where the ball will land be it a single number, a group of numbers or even the color for which slot the ball will land in on the wheel.
First you will want to determine how much you are willing to bet on the spin. You can bet different amounts for each spin. Each chip is associated with a different dollar amount. Figure out how much you are willing to spend then place a chip on the numbers or group of numbers you would like to bet on. You can place as many chips/bets that you want per spin of the wheel up to the table maximum.
So lets say that you would like to bet $50 on the that the ball will land in number 18. The wheel spins all bets are placed and the ball lands on 18 so you would win that spin.
Where To Play French Roulette
Where To Play French Roulette For Americans
The best place for Americans is Classy Coin Casino: (Closed down - Americans we recommend WinADay, everyone else we recommend Video Slots). You get a $25 no deposit bonus to try many of the games out at the casino, and they have a wide variety of Roulette games including Multiplayer Roulette.
Where To Play French Roulette For Non-Americans
For people who live outside of the United States, the best place to play French Roulette is Titan Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.) They have a large selection of French Roulette games as well as American and European Roulette. Its a great Online Casino and one that also has a fantastic Mobile Site. Great games, good odds and the ability to play on the go Titan Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.) is a great site for players of all skill levels.
Also Paddy Power Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.) is a tremendous choice. This Casino has an unreal amount of games for people to play. On top of the largest selection of French Roulette available they also offer American and European Roulette. Paddy Power Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.) is a slick fast running online casino that offers players fantastic odds. This a a great Online Casino and with the number of Roulette games available, players will never be bored here.
Odds and House Advantage
As with all versions of Roulette, there are plenty of options to bet on in French Roulette each with different Odds. Below we will go over each betting option and what the odds and payout would be for each using a $10 bet as an example.
- Single Numbers including 0: 36 – 1 odds – $10 X 35 = $350
- Split, Any 2 adjoining numbers vertical or horizontal:17.5 – 1 odds – $10 X 18 = $180
- Street: Any 3 numbers horizontal: 1,2,3 or 4,5,6, for example: 11.33 – 1 – $10 X 11 = $111.00
- Corner: any 4 adjoining numbers in a block ie. 1,2,4,5 – 8.25 -1 = $10 X 8 = $80
- 6 line: any 6 numbers from two adjoining rows:1,2,3,4,5,6,: 5.17 – 1 = $10 X 5 = $50.00
- 1st 2nd and 3rd Columns: any number below 1 2 or 3 – 2.08 – 1 = $10 X 2. = $20.00
- 1st,2nd & 3rd dozens(1-12, 13-24, 25-36) – 2.08 – 1 = $10 X 2 = $20.00
- Odd or Even – 1 – 1 = $10 X 1 = $10
- Black or Red -1 – 1 = $10 X 1 = $10
- 1-18 or 19-36 – 1 – 1 = $10 X 1 = $10
There are many different types of bets to make in French Roulette. And below we will go over them and explain them to you.
-Inside Bets are bets that the player places on the “Inside” of the Roulette table. Numbers and Groups of numbers are Inside Bets
- Straight or Single – A bet on a single number Or the Zero
- Split – A bet on any 2 adjoining numbers either vertically or horizontally. Place bet by putting chip on the line connecting the 2 numbers
- Street – A bet on a line of 3 numbers ie. 1,2,3,or 4,5,6 etc. Make bet by placing chip on the outside line of the row of numbers
- Corner or Square – A bet on 4 numbers that form a square. Make bet by placing chip on the center line line connecting the 4 desired numbers
- Six Line or Double Street – A bet on any 6 numbers or two Streets. Make bet by placing chip between the 2 desired Streets
- Basket – a bet on 0, 1, and 2; 0, 00, and 2; or 00, 2, and 3. The chip is placed at the intersection of the three desired numbers.
- Top Line – a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. The chip is placed either at the corner of 0 and 1, or the corner of 00 and 3.
-Outside Bets are bets placed on the “outside” of the numbers on the Roulette table
- Red or Black – A bet on if the ball will land on a Red or Black number
- Odd or Even – A bet on if the ball will land on a Odd or Even number
- 1-18 – A bet on if the ball will land on a number between 1 -18
- 19-36 – A bet on if the ball will land on a number between 19-36
- Column Bet – A bet on the column of numbers that run vertically. All numbers below 1, all numbers below 2 or all numbers below 3 are the 3 options you have.
- Dozens Bet – A bet on is the ball will land in the first dozen number 1 – 12, the second 13 – 24 or third 25 – 36
Call and Announce Bets
- Neighbors Bet: Bet on a number which covers the number itself and the two numbers on either side of it on the roulette wheel.
- Zero Neighbors Bet :Bet covers Zero plus seven numbers on right, and nine numbers on left, 0/2/3 + 25/26/28/29, each with 2 chips, 4/7 + 12/15 + 18/21 + 19/22 + 32/35
- Tiers Bets: Bets covering a third(tier) of the wheel
- Full Orphans Bet: Bet covers 8 Numbers; 0 + 6 + 9 + 14 + 17 + 20 + 31 + 34
- Finales en plein/ Finals Bets: Betting on the winning number will end with a 0, 1 , 2, 3, 4 , 5 or 6 ie. If you bet Finales en Plein 2 you would be betting on 2 ,12, 22, and 32
French Roulette Multiplayer
This Version available at Titan Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.) allows players to play French Roulette with multiple players. This helps as you can see if a player gets on a hot streak then you can follow their bets to get in on the streak. Also if a player is on a cold streak than you can avoid their numbers. This a fun version that feels like you are at the real Roulette tables just from your own home.
Premium French Roulette
Premium French Roulette is a high limit version of Roulette available at 888 Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.). Neighbor bets, Auto play ,Hot and Cold numbers are just some of the things that make this game great. And with table limits of $5.00 – $2000 this is a great version of French Roulette suited for all players but especially high rollers
French Video Roulette
This is an incredible version of French roulette with the ability to bet as much or as little as you would like. With table limits of $0.20 up to $250,000 this version covers virtually all dollar amounts a player could think of. With great live table graphics and an amazing set of table limits, this version of French Roulette is incredibly popular and available at Paddy Power Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.).
3D French Roulette
Also at Paddy Power Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.),3D French Roulette is French Roulette with 3D graphics. With $1.00 – $20.00 limits this is a good version for players who don’t want to bet an insane amount of money but still have the potential to win a good chunk of change. The 3D graphics and the smooth running play of this game make it ideal for players who want to put in a good long session of Roulette
Live Dealer French Roulette
Titan Casino (Not available to Americans, but check out Roulette 5 at WinADay Casino instead.) offers Live Dealer French Roulette. Experience the thrill of Live Roulette from the comfort of your own home which means LOTS of elbow room. Decent table limits of $1.00 – $25.00 this is a solid version of French Roulette. And with beautiful women as the dealer that’s defiantly a plus also the option to Tip the dealer if you win a good chunk of moneyPlayRoulette.org » Games » French Roulette